EUROPEAN COURT OF ARBITRATION
THE EUROPEAN COURT OF ARBITRATION
The European Court of Arbitration is formed under the patronage of the Council of Europe.
As a branch of the European Centre of Arbitration, the Court promotes arbitration and administers domestic and international arbitration.
Its territory is Europe, including Eastern Europe, the Mediterranean, the Middle East and the Black Sea countries. Hence, Turkey is at the center of this territory.
The mission which the European Court of Arbitration have set out for them is :
- to contribute in a friendly way with any other similar institution to create a culture of arbitration and of mediation ;
- to help litigants, who look for alternative solutions, in a spirit of service to them above any other goal.
BOARD MEMBERS and/or international arbitrators in Turkey for the ECA are :
- Ozgur ASIK (President), Attorney at law, Paris Bar and Istanbul Bar
- Prof. Dr. Murat AYDOĞDU (Vice-President), Professor, doctor in laws, attorney at law
- Prof. Dr. Huriye KUBİLAY (Secretary General), Dean of Izmir Ekonomi Universitesi Professor, doctor in laws, attorney at law
- Prof. Dr. Keramettin TEZCAN (Deputy Secretary General), Professor, doctor in laws, attorney at law
- Dr. Yaşar Can GÖKSOY, Assistant Professor in the chair of Commercial law, attorney at law
- Dr. Serdar NART, Professor, Vice President in Dokuz Eylul University, attorney at law
- Doç. Dr. Rifat ERTEN, Associate Professor, doctor in laws
- Doç. Dr. Oğuz Sadık AYDOS, Associate Professor, doctor in laws